Common Admissions Transfer Capita EMS Admissions and Transfers
Click here to Register
If you are new to this site and wish to make an application on-line you will need to register with the Local Authority. Click on 'Register Now!'

Forgotten Password?



Sheffield City Council's online site is for Sheffield residents to apply online for a school place for their child. If you do not live in Sheffield you can still apply for a Sheffield school place, but you must make the application through your home Authority.

The on-line site is now open for you to make an application for:

Transfer to Secondary school: for pupils born betwen 01/09/2004 and 31/08/2005 (The Secondary on-line site closed at noon on 22nd October 2015)

Entry into Reception 2016/17: for children born between 01/09/2011 and 31/08/2012; and

Transfer to Junior School 2016: for children currently in Y2 at a separate Infant school.

(the on-line site closes on 4th December 2015 for both Entry into Reception and Transfer to Junior)

Before you make your application, you should read the "Guide for Parents 2016/17" booklet, available on our website or in libraries, schools and Howden House from September 2015.

Everyone must register first using the "Register" button on the left hand side (if you have previously applied on-line you will need to use the same email address and password that you used previously). Once you have registered you will be sent a link to the website to enable you to complete your application. When you have made your application you can re-visist the site, to amend preferences, change details etc., at any time up to the closing date, but it is really important that you re-submit your application every time you re-visit the site, even if you do not make any changes. If you do need to amend any details, especially an address, you must also inform Admissions directly by email

You cannot use this site to apply for a place in a special school.  To apply for a special school you must download a paper application.  For more information about applying for a special school contact Special Education Needs.

Do not use this site to apply for a place in a Private or Independent school or if you wish to educate your child at home. 

If you are applying for a secondary school you may wish to attend the open evening at the school before expressing your preferences. Dates and times of open evenings are available on our web-site.  Alternatively contact the Admissions Team. 

If you prefer not to apply on-line, you can either:

  • download an application form and complete and return it to Admissions, Level 5, North Wing, Moorfoot, Sheffield S1 4PL, or

  • telephone Admissions on 0114 2735766/90 and we will take your application from you, or

  • contact Admissions by email or by telephone (as above) to request an application form

It is really important that your child is up to date with their vaccinations before they start school to prevent them from getting serious avoidable illnesses. Please contact your GP to arrange the vaccination(s) if you think your child is not up to date.



When applying for admission to school, parents / carers should apply to the local authority in which the child lives. To check for the appropriate local authority, please enter your child's postcode and click Check.  


Blank Application Forms | Change Password | Contact UsOpen HELP WindowLinks To Education Websites

Admissions Online developed by Capita Children's Services